Gli stemmi dei Booke, i "Raja bianchi"

Per discutere sull'araldica / Discussions on heraldry

Moderatori: mcs, Antonio Pompili

Gli stemmi dei Booke, i "Raja bianchi"

Messaggioda Franz Joseph von Trotta » martedì 7 febbraio 2012, 19:43

Il mitico Adolfo Celi nell'indimenticabile carattere di "James Book, il Raja bianco", tratteggiato da Salgari nel suo "Sandokan", è un icona televisiva insuperata e dall'inatteso esito araldico. È infatti per caso che son finito su un sito che presenta gli stemmi usati dalla sua dinastia, dinasti tutt'altro che letterari avendo regnato per un secolo.
Degli stemmi del Rajà bianco mi pare non ne sia mai data notizia qui, e, quindi, nella complicatezza dell'inserire i vari jpgs, Vi segnalo direttamente il link dove l'araldica sa di esotico e piratesco :D
Saluti,
F.

http://www.hubert-herald.nl/MalaysiaStatesII.htm

«James Brooke
1842-1868
Sarawak was founded in 1842 by a British officer, James Brooke on a territory ceded to him by the Sultan of Brunei as a reward for military aid.
The coat of arms of James Brooke was: Brooke (Sir James Brooke K.C.B. Rajah of Sarawak, Governor and Commander-in-Chief of Labuan). Or, a cross engrailed per cross inden­ted azure and Sable in the first quarter an estoile of the second. Crest: On an eastern crown a brock proper ducally gorged Or. Motto: DUM SPIRO SPERO (While I Breathe I Hope). [11]
In Sarawak however his flag showed: Or, a cross per pale Azure and Gules.

Charles Johnson Brooke
1868-1917
The Azure and Gules were abandoned two years after the succession of his son Sir Charles Johnson Brooke (1868-1917). His achievement was:
Arms: Or, a cross engrailed parted per pale Sable and Gules.
Crest: On a wreath of the colours a brock proper
Motto: DUM SPIRO SPERO [12]

Charles Vyner Brooke
1917-1946
By his son Sir Charles Vyner Brooke (1917-1946) a version of the arms was introduced with the crest replaced by a five-pointed crown, the points symbolizing the five divisions of the kingdom. Shortly before WW II the engrailed was abandoned and replaced by just a cross parted per pale. As a royal badge these arms were circular, the five-pointed crown in the middle. This badge can be seen on the Long Service Medal of Sarawak, renewed 1940.

British Crown Colony
1945.05.17 - 1963.08.31
Because of the disastrous results of Japanese Occupation (1941.12.25 - 1945.09.11) Sir Charles abdicated 1946.07.01. On the 17th of May 1945 Sarawak became a British Crown Colony. A coat of arms was adopted on 10th of March 1947. It is:
Arms: Or, a cross parted per pale Sable and Gules, charged with a five pinted crown Or. [14]
The flag of the Governor of the Crown Colony of Sarawak was of the usual British design. It consisted of the Union Jack with the former royal badge of the arms, surrounded by a garland in the middle:

The arms were maintained after Sarawak joined the Malaysian Federation on 16th of September 1963.»
«Ich bin das Wilde, Dumpfe, das man schlug,
Das man erschlagen, weil es fremd und stumm…»
G. Kolmar
Franz Joseph von Trotta

Re: Gli stemmi dei Booke, i "Raja bianchi"

Messaggioda Romegas » martedì 16 luglio 2013, 0:25

Una genealogia di questa dinastia si trova in http://www.royalark.net.
Sub hoc signo militamus
Sol per difesa io pungo
(Contrada Sovrana dell'Istrice)
Initium sapientiae timor Domini
(Sal. 111,10)
Socio A.I.O.C.
Socio I.A.G.I.
Romegas

Re: Gli stemmi dei Booke, i "Raja bianchi"

Messaggioda Romegas » venerdì 22 febbraio 2019, 22:26

Un bel libro su questa dinastia si deve al Runciman, edito anche in italiano nel 1977.
Sub hoc signo militamus
Sol per difesa io pungo
(Contrada Sovrana dell'Istrice)
Initium sapientiae timor Domini
(Sal. 111,10)
Socio A.I.O.C.
Socio I.A.G.I.
Romegas

Torna a Araldica / Heraldry